Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What to sell and What to keep?

I've been clearing out everything that I can sell to pull through this winter. Hoping there will be work this summer. If not, at least we put off the inevitable for a few more months. We've sold the big ticket items already. We're down to searching our minds and our closets. Personally, I don't have alot left since I went through this process a few years back in my divorce.

Then way in the back of a closet I came across this jacket. I smiled. The memories came back. I shoved them back. I still tried to smile, but things are different today, right?

Today I found a blog one of my follower's wrote and it simply contained some music and asked if we "remembered the 90's?" God no, I tried to block out the 90's, but wait.... what's this?? music... hmmm, I like music. I listened and the first song on the list was one that used to play at national snocross races. Right before the big finale. The one that got us all going and got the blood pumping and made us proud that we were there. The one that even affected those of us in the pits on the track. Larger than life? maybe a little. Hindsight being what it is, maybe a lot. My head actually raised up to that position it used to always hold. Strong, arrogant to some degree, a little mischevious grin on my face and I didn't look in a mirror, but I felt the sparkle in my eyes. Holy hell! I hadn't even realized it had been gone until I felt it come back.

The jacket stays. I don't care if it would put food on the table for a few days. It's something I can never replace and those memories just showed me a side of myself I had almost let go. If you're bored, search "Amanda Johnson snocross" on google. She's my baby sister, although we aren't really in touch anymore, but we were back then. She was a force to be reckoned with, still is I'd bet. I wasn't as brave, or crazy, as her back then, but I could hold down a fort better than the best and secure sponsors to continue the crazy. I loved being there and the other names you read in the articles were awesome people that I'm proud to have met. I could laugh, and celebrate, and live. There isn't a price I could put on those memories. The jacket stays.

Thank you Psycho W4nk for your post reminding me of the 90's. Saved me from selling off a piece of my memories.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly? I've read these posts like twice, trying to think of a relevant comment and couldn't--except I'm glad that the jacket helped you remember some very good memories. Those are always a prize worth keeping :)

    ReplyDelete