Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Crab Legs for Dinner TONIGHT


THE BARGE HAS LEFT THE PREMISES!

My husband drove out of the yard at about 2 a.m. with the barge in tow. My son has been waiting over a year for this event. He's a seafood fanatic. He'd eat nothing but seafood if we'd let him. To try to teach him a little something about his "tastes" we told him that since his favorite crab legs cost quite a bit of money we won't be buying anymore until we sell this boat. We never thought it'd take a year to make good on that promise, but it has. He's spent the past 365+ days looking out his window every night to see if it's gone. Today - it finally is.
So today, little man will be picked up at school by momma and taken to the store. He'll be allowed to finally put that big package of crab legs into our cart and proceed to checkout. I love days like this when I get to see the little light in their eyes at the anticipation of something grand.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't had crab for YEARS! You've inspired me. Tried to leave a comment on your post about the grapes under the table, Lola, but it won't let me. Reminded me of the day my kids needed two dried peas to complete a 'treasure hunt' for school. "I have none," I said. "Oh yes, you do!" they cried, and dived under the dining table, reappearing with two very shrunken peas from the previous day's dinner. Oh, the shame. But they completed the sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - I love it. You're a genius!

    ReplyDelete