Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hello and Welcome



It's another beautiful day here in the northland. Temperatures should reach above zero (maybe.... if we're that lucky). It's warmed up some though considering that when I threw my coffee out the door this morning it did not vaporize into thin air before hitting the ground. Instead, it hit the snowbank and left a brown spot that I will attempt to blame on the "serial squirrel". Unfortunately, this also means that I can't blow bubbles outside today and watch them freeze instead of pop when they land. So, here I am.......and if you're reading this, then here you are too!

Welcome. So what exactly is a blog titled "our life, our world and this mess" all about? It's intentionally vague for one reason...... I haven't decided yet. I know that everyday I spend way too much time online reading news articles and scrolling the horoscopes hoping mine will say "today you'll win the lottery". Since it hasn't said that yet, I haven't wasted much money on lotto tickets. Therefore, I haven't won and I'm still here.

I'm supposed to be figuring out a way for a carpenter/general contractor and a landscaper/dreamer to make income in this economy. So far, unfortunately, I haven't come up with any great ideas that are legal. Plenty that aren't, but I'm still holding out for the brain bubble that leaves me a legal option. Why? again.... I haven't decided yet.

I was on task a couple hours ago, but then the phone rang. This time it was NOT a bill collector. It was my hubby's ex, so I answered it because that's usually good for some entertainment at least. She insisted he had changed his cell phone number, I insisted he hadn't (which he hasn't). We played that game for a full 5 minutes before moving on to the real reason she's calling. Actually, I'm not sure we ever actually got to that.... I think it had to do with prescriptions for the kids. Apparently one of them projectile vomited all over his bedroom last night so he needs to go to the doctor today. There was some discussion about whether it's reasonable as a parent to expect a nearly 10 year old child to use a bucket for such issues. I did not win any points with my theory that accountability breeds responsibility. Possibly because those are just too big of words and the meaning was lost. At least that's the 'reason' I choose to believe :)

I plan to update this blog regularly. If nothing else, I'm hoping it will help to keep me somewhat sane during "Our life, our world and this mess". As for what it could do for you? Probably give you a laugh or two along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment