Friday, January 23, 2009

Finally Friday




A week in review........



My husband and I completed and installed this set of log stairs in a client's house. These projects are always fun for me. Gives me a nice feeling of accomplishment in the end. Now the staircase is ready for log railing and finishing. It's always a little amazing to start with an actual tree and end up with something like this. Not that it is an easy process especially with weather like we've been having. You have to start by crossing your fingers that the big outdoor saws work in the cold and that nothing breaks halfway through one of the long cuts. This time, it went perfectly! Then it's into the shop where at least it's nice and toasty warm. Hours of chainsaw work later, you have pieces.... lots of pieces and every one of those pieces now needs to be individually made beautiful. That's where I come in really handy. I like mindless work from time to time and there is nothing more mindless than spending hours and hours running a sander over a log.
I'm looking foward to later this month when we'll be back in the shop working on a log furniture order for another client.

My husband accomplished quite a bit more, or so he tells me. I haven't been back to the jobsite since install day, but I'm sure I'll get plenty of site time this weekend while the kids are at their dad's house. On the plus side, I get to wear a toolbelt and I'm pretty cute in one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment