Monday, January 26, 2009

A Cold Winter's Night


Nighttime seems to have become my enemy lately. I've laid in bed for the past two hours trying to get back to sleep. That didn't work so I thought I'd check emails. Nothing there of course, most people don't return emails between the hours of 11 p.m. and 3 a.m., but still, it was something to "do".

I have to be very, very quiet..... the house is full of sleeping little people and one big people that is still sound asleep. I envy him his ability to sleep even when his mind is overloaded and busy all day long. It's tempting to poke him in the ribs and wake him enough to let him know I can't sleep, but as my dad once said...... if you came across a hibernating bear, would you poke THAT???? True enough dad, good advice.

On a side note, just checked the weather and it's currently -26 degrees F. Hopefully school won't be late again this morning. A couple weeks ago our temperatures stayed so cold that school was late every day, except for the couple of days it was totally cancelled.

With that thought, I'm going to go sneak back into my warm bed and pretend to "wake up" with hubby in an hour or so. Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

  1. I've had quite a few of these nights. I too envy those who have not trouble sleeping -- ever! It's just not fair.

    ReplyDelete